Dear colleagues and friends!
We are open for collaboration and dialogue!
Since the early 2000s health technology assessment has been recognized as an important tool for shaping healthcare policy in every developed country of the world. It includes comprehensive studies of medical, social and economic efficiency of health maintenance and recovery methods (diagnostics, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation) aimed at determining priority areas for medical science and practice development. The problems of health technology assessment are regularly discussed in leading medical journals, there are also specialized journals dedicated to these issues (for example, at the international level such a journal is International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care issued by Cambridge Journals). In Russia, our journal is the only one of this kind.
Our journal successfully maintains independence in presenting medical scientific information. Actually, the journal is a profession-oriented information resource integrating knowledge and experience of scientists and practical specialists in the field of medical technologies and contributes to improving medico-social and economic efficiency of the healthcare system and Russian citizens’ life quality as a result.
The journal is included in the list of the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles in the following categories:
14.01.04 – Internal diseases (medical sciences), 14.01.05 – Cardiology (medical sciences), 14.01.12 – Oncology (medical sciences), 14.01.17 – Surgery (medical sciences), 14.02.03 – Public health and healthcare (medical sciences), 14.03.06 – Pharmacology, clinical pharmacology (medical sciences).
The impact factor of the journal is permanently going up.
The thematic focus of publications in Medical Technologies. Assessment and Choice makes it possible for the leading experts making decisions and shaping policy in the system of healthcare on the national and regional level as well as doctors and medical personnel to share and exchange their opinion on healthcare management and economics, propose algorithms for making managerial decisions, study experience of arranging and conducting assessment of clinical and economic efficiency of health technologies, and develop methodological approaches to the planning and organizing of medical care in Russia.
The format of the journal implies publications on health technology assessment (HTA) methodology: principles and particular methods of conducting systematic reviews, meta-analyses and indirect comparisons, fidelity assessment of scientific evidence, processing statistical data in biomedical studies, developing clinical guidelines, medical care standards and drug lists. Besides, we are ready to consider manuscripts on medical care organization, original clinical and clinico-economic studies, systematic reviews of various health-affecting technologies (diagnostic, treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention methods, ways to organize medical care and healthcare management), meta-analyses, indirect comparisons. We are interested in materials discussing international and national experience in the following fields: health technology assessment; using the principles of evidence-based medicine and clinico-economic analysis in clinical practice, medical training and healthcare management; developing and implementing clinical guidelines, medical care standards, drug lists; healthcare quality management, computerization in healthcare, improving medical care and drug provision for population.
Be active. We are looking for articles, interesting materials on topical issues.
Each author of Medical Technologies. Assessment and Choice is highly recommended to get registered at ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) – an open system of indices of scientists and researchers (registration is free). The system provides each author with a unique number and allows him/her to manage his/her research records. ORCID makes it possible to identify each author and find out his/her personal citation index.
When preparing their articles, authors should keep to the Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
When reviewed, every manuscript is checked using the Antiplagiat system. If numerous text borrowings are discovered in the text, the editorial board acts in accordance with the rules of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).
Article submission guidelines
1) Materials submitted for publication must be written in Russian or English and comply with the thematic scope of the journal. Manuscripts are accepted in electronic format only: on CD-R (RW), DVD-R (RW), USB-flash (electronic media are not returned to authors) sent by post OR by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org via the official website of the journal http://mt-choice.ru/.
2) The manuscript should be accompanied with a covering letter signed by all its authors (Covering letter). The covering letter must state that the material is submitted for publication for the first time, is not currently under review in any other journal, and the text of the manuscript has been approved by all its authors.
3) The article must be submitted in files containing formatted text (.rtf, .doc) in Word (version 6.0/7.0 and higher), typed in Times New Roman Cyr, point size 12, line interval 1.5, margins (left, head, right and bottom) 2.0 cm, without hyphenation. All pages must be numbered. The recommended article volume including tables, bibliography and summary is up to 28,000 characters (12 pages, А4 size).
4) The cover page must contain the following information:
– article title (both in Russian and English)
– last, first and middle names (in full) of each author and his/her organization, position, academic degree and honors (both in Russian and English)
– last, first and middle name, mail address, phone number and e-mail of the corresponding author for the editorial board to discuss and maintain correspondence on the material submitted (both in Russian and English)
The editorial board reserves the right to amend the article title both in Russian and English.
5) Each article must be accompanied with an abstract. The abstract of an original article must be structured as follows: objective of the study, material and methods, results, conclusion. The abstract of a review article must contain a summary of the content and comply with the article structure. The abstract must be followed by key words. The volume of abstracts for original articles is up to 250 words, for review articles – up to 150 words. The abstract and key words must be both in Russian and English.
Submitted translation of abstracts and key words can be corrected by the edition board too.
6) Articles describing original studies must contain the following sections: introduction, material and methods, results, discussion, findings or conclusion.
7) The article text and each quote must be verified by the author, checked in authentic sources, be provided with corresponding references stating the page and the year of publication as the editorial board does not provide a proof-sheet.
8) Authors should use modern Russian scientific terminology and avoid term ‘calques’ transcribing foreign words. Abbreviations and abbreviated names – except for generally known abbreviations of measures, physical and mathematical values and terms – are allowed only if a full version is initially provided. Highly specialized terms must be explicated. Abbreviations should not be used in article and section titles.
9) Tables must contain only necessary data and present summarized and statisctically processed materials. Each table must be numbered, named and given immediately below the paragraph referring to it. Duplication of the same data in pictures and tables is not allowed. Each line and column of the table must be named and table cells must contain data. In case no data is available the cell must contain a hyphen, N/A, etc. Table, column and line names, notes to tables must be given in two languages (Russian and English).
10) Illustrations (tables, graphs, diagrams, pictures, photos) must be additionally submitted in separate jpеg, tiff, eps, psd, xls files. Illustration numbers must correspond to those in the manuscript. References to pictures in the text are given as fig. 1 (2, 3, etc.). Picture captions and nomenclatures must be given in two languages (Russian and English).
11) If statistical data analysis results are presented, authors must describe the software package and version and statistical methods they used, provide descriptive statistics and precise significance levels in statistical hypothesis testing. For key study findings it is recommended to calculate confidence intervals.
12) Physical measurements, hematological, biochemical and other values used in medicine must be given in metric units (International System of Units – SI). When naming various chemical compounds, IUPAC terms must be used. Mathematical and chemical formulas must be written very accurately with alphabetic characters (lower-case, capital, Greek, Latin letters), power coefficients, superscripts, subscripts provided on the margins.
13) If the article mentions drugs or medical products not registered in the Russian Federation this must be directly stated in the text or a reference to the permission for clinical trials of this drug or medical product must be given. Only international nonproprietary names (INN) of drugs must be used, except for combined, multicomponent drugs and drugs of herbal or animal origin. Trade names can be mentioned once only in articles on clinicoeconomic research to justify the price used in calculations.
14) Bibliography must be compiled in accordance with GOST R 7.0.5 2008.
If an article cited has a DOI (digital object identifier – a unique digital identifier of an article in the CrossRef system) it must be stated in the bibliography. DOI can be found at http://search.crossref.org/ (enter the title of the article in English in the search box).
The responsibility for accuracy of bibliography rests with the author. The recommended number of sources for original articles is up to 30, for review articles – up to 60.
Two bibliography lists must be provided:
– Literature [all publications in the native language (Russian words – in Cyrillic characters, foreign words – in Latin characters)] (GOST R 7.0.5 2008);
– References [authors’ last names, names of publication sources and publishers are transliterated, name of the publication – book, article, thesis – is translated into English, the language of the publication is stated in parentheses (In Russ.)].
The bibliography must not contain manuscripts (including theses), unpublished materials and guidebooks as well as regulatory documents. These sources must be listed in footnotes and contain the name of the document and its author (if applicable), location of the document (organization or depository), for regulatory documents –issuing authority, date, number, title.
The responsibility for bibliography accuracy rests with the author.
Косолапов Е. Г., Коченков Ф. С., Погудина Н. Л., Блинов Д. В. Клинико-экономический анализ применения комбинированно¬го препарата вилантерол + умеклидиния бромид для терапии хронической обструктивной болезни легких тяжелого и край¬не тяжелого течения по сравнению с монотерапией препара¬том тиотропия бромид. Фармакоэкономика. Современная фар-макоэкономика и фармакоэпидемиология. 2017; 10(2): 31–40. DOI: 10.17749/2070-4909.2017.10.2.031-040. [Kosolapov E. G., Kochenkov F. S., Pogudina N. L., Blinov D. V. Cost-effectiveness of vilanerol / umeclidinium versus tiotropium in severe and very severe copd. Pharmacoeconomics. Modern pharmacoeconomics and pharmacoepidemiology. 2017; 10(2): 31–40. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.17749/2070-4909.2017.10.2.031-040.]
Berkhemer O. A., Fransen P. S., Beumer D., vandenBerg L. A., Lingsma H. F., Yoo A. J., et al. MR CLEAN Investigators. A ran¬domized trial of intra-arterial treatment for acute ischemic stroke. N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 11–20
Вялков А. И. Оценка эффективности деятельности медицинских организаций. Учебно-методическое пособие. 2004; 19, 63. [Vyalkov A. I. Evaluation of the effectiveness of medical organizations. Educational-methodical manual. 2004; 19, 63. (In Russ.).]
Беляков А. В. Опыт Европейского союза в области регулирования здравоохранения. М.: Юстицинформ. 2015: 272 с. [Belyakov А. V. Opyt Evropejskogo soyuza v oblasti regulirovaniya zdravookhraneniya. M.: Yustitsinform. 2015: 272 s. (In Russ.).]
Министерство здравоохранения Российской Федерации [Электронный ресурс]. Стабильная ишемическая болезнь сердца. URL: http://cr.rosminzdrav.ru/#!/recomend/133 (дата обращения: 31.10.2018). [The Ministry of health of the Russian Federation [Electronic resource]. Stable coronary heart disease. URL: http://cr.rosminzdrav.ru/#!/read/133. In Russ. (Date of access: 30.10.2018)].
15) In the end of the article it is necessary to declare the conflict of interests for all its authors and provide information on the sources of funds for the study and/or article both in Russian and English.
The conflict of interests means any relations and/or personal interest which could affect the results, interpretation of the data obtained and their objective perception. If there is no conflict of interests, the author must declare it too.
• The authors declare that there is no explicit or potential conflict of interests in connection with publication of this article
• The authors are employees of…
• The authors confirm that there is no conflict of interests which should be reported
• The authors have obtained their remuneration for scientific consulting from…
• The authors have obtained their research grant from pharmaceutical company…
If the article/study has obtained any financial support, the source of such funding for the study, review or lecture (for example, the name of the project work conducted, the grant number, and the name of the foundation, commercial or government organization, etc.) must be reported.
16) Authors are recommended to provide a link to their ORCID digital profile.
17) Each article submitted to the editorial board is subject to blind review. A reviewer is not informed of author’s name and vice versa. The reviewer’s feedback is sent to the author without mentioning the former’s name. After obtaining the review report and author’s comments the editorial board makes its decision if to publish or reject the article.
18) The editorial board reserves the right to reject an article with no reasons given. The author is informed of the editorial board’s decision by e-mail, rejected manuscripts are not returned to their authors. The order of article publication is determined by the editorial plan of the journal.
19) The journal’s editorial board reserves the right to reduce and edit article materials regardless of their volume, including titles, terms and definitions in Russian and in English. Minor changes of stylistic, nomenclatural or formal nature are made in the article without requiring its author’s consent.
20) If an article has been revised by its author in the process of its prepublication preparation the date of its submission is deemed to be the date of its final version submission.
21) Articles are published in the journal for free.
Note. Article submission for publication in the journal implies its author’s/authors’ consent to the guidelines provided.
Authors whose materials are published in the journal give their consent to the following:
1. Authors reserve their copyright to the materials and grant the journal with the right of first publication under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution License which entitles others to share this work with giving obligatory references to the authors of the original work and original publication in the journal.
Creative Commons is a noncommercial organization that has developed free-for-use standard agreements – free and non-free public licenses which can be used by authors and copyright holders to express their will and distribute their materials more widely and freely and content users to use such materials legally.
2. Authors reserve the right to sign individual contract agreements on non-exclusive distribution of the material version as it is published herein (for example, for an institute depository, publication in a book) with a reference to its original publication in this journal.
3. Authors reserve the right to put their work on the Internet (for example, in an institute depository or on their personal website) before and after the article is being reviewed by the journal’s editorial board as this can result in productive discussion and more references to the work (see The Effect of Open Access).
Names and e-mails entered on this journal’s website will be used only for the purposes declared by the journal and will not be used for any other purposes or shared with any other persons or organizations.
Submit your article
Your article should be submitted as follows:
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES. ASSESSMENT AND CHOICE
Mail address: 12 Butlerova st., Moscow, 117485 Russia
Phone: + 7 (495) 921-10-89
Or use this link to fill-in the form on our website: